Net Quantity - 250ml Ultimate solution for normal to dry hair Sulphate-free Enriched with acai oil and menthol Nourishes and hydrates your hair wh...View full details
Fact-Check Yourself About Using Hair Wax The Correct Way
Want to try a new look? You can easily use a hairstyling product, however it is not always ideal for hairstyles like mullets or messy buns. A hair wax can effortlessly add additional value to your hairstyle. But, when it comes to using hair wax, many notions and assumptions are afloat.
Godrej Professional experts can help you understand what a hair wax does to your hair and how you can use it correctly to avoid any hair concerns.
So What Is A Hair Wax?
Hair wax is a popular hair styling product, also known as a hair pomade. It is helpful to achieve a smooth texture with a shiny look and feel. Unlike hair gels and sprays, the hair wax holds your hairstyle for an extended period. With the wax-like consistency, you can pull off any desired hairstyle. However, if you still have inhibitions about using hair wax, it’s time to clear some of the prominent myths.
Myths Surrounding Using A Hair Wax
Makes Hair Greasy
When you think of hair wax, there is a misconception that it might leave your hair greasy. However, that greasy hair situation would only occur if you are not using the right professional shampoo. Hence, it all depends on the oil content of the hair wax.
Leads To Hair Loss
There is a huge misconception around hair waxes causing hair loss. This is untrue as hair wax does not have any alcohol and hence, it won’t dry your hair follicles. If you are already suffering from hair loss, refrain from using hair wax.
Can Only Be Used On Wet Hair
It is best to avoid using hair wax on wet hair. It is simple because it is hard to style damp hair as it will fall flat on your head no matter the amount you apply. With dry hair, you have the freedom to transform your desired hairstyle. In addition to that, you can give your hair the appearance of more volume after the roots are completely dry.
Hard To Wash Off
Hair waxes consist of oils that are insoluble after coming in touch with water. Therefore, it will only be challenging to get rid of hair wax when you have used a supple quantity. The best way to overcome this issue is by using the right shampoo and conditioner to cleanse your hair without damaging it.
Essentially, while deciding to use a hair wax or not, it is also important to choose one according to your hair type. Let’s take a look at what you need to keep in mind before buying hair wax.
Points to remember while buying a hair wax
- It should not damage the health of your scalp and hair.
- It should be free from common parabens and sulphates.
- It should not leave your hair greasy.
- It should be easy to use even for beginners.
If you already have damaged or thin hair, using a hair wax could worsen the quality of your hair. To give a quick style fix to your hair, try the Mold and Hold Matte Hair Wax which is suitable for all hair types.
- Blow dry or air dry your hair.
- Take a scoop of the Mold and Hold Matte Hair Wax on your palms and rub it.
- Pull apart the hair wax to create thin fibers which will help easily style the hair.
- Apply on your hair according to your desired style.
P.S.: You can use more hair wax depending on your hair density.
This product provides a long-lasting definition to your hairstyle. It is non-greasy and leaves your hair and hands grease-free. You can also redo your hairstyle at any given time as the fibres of this hair wax are easily re-workable. In addition to that, it is also free from parabens which ensures that there is no damage to your hair.
Ideally, hair wax should only be applied on short to medium hair lengths. Using it on long hair would require more quantities of the product resulting in your hair looking straight and unkempt.
The bigger question after understanding the product and its usage is how to overcome the pre-care and aftercare procedures. After all, it is a styling product and needs to be cleaned correctly.
How to take care of hair before using a hair wax?
It is easier to get your desired hairstyle when your hair is prepped and ready. You have to clear one basic rule - wash and dry your hair. How to use hair wax correctly? By washing your hair.
What does this ensure?
- A clean canvas to transform your hair as you apply this product.
- By drying your hair, you allow the product to work at its maximum capacity, creating a long-lasting definition.
How to take care of hair after using a hair wax ?
How to use hair wax without damaging your hair? If this is your burning question then, let us help you give a better understanding of the aftercare procedure.
- Rinse with warm water: Some hair waxes leave a strong build-up, and hence you need a quick solution to wash and protect your hair. To do so, use lukewarm water for the hair wax to melt away.
- Use conditioner: To gently remove the wax from your hair, use a moisturising hair conditioner instead of a shampoo. You can opt for the Keracare Recharge Conditioner that will leave your hair frizz-free and nourished after every wash.
- Take a few pumps of the Keracare Recharge Conditioner on your palms.
- Apply it to the mid-lengths and ends of your hair while avoiding the scalp.
- Rinse thoroughly on the palms of your hands and massage gently on the strands of your hair.
The conditioning agents in this conditioner will quickly soften the hair wax. Additionally, the Keracare Recharge Conditioner is enriched with Acai and wheatgerm oil that combat dullness, leaving your hair tresses soft and bouncy.
- Apply shampoo: Now that your hair has no tough build upon its strands, cleanse it with a gentle shampoo. Use the Keracare Repair Shampoo that will help maintain the strength of your hair.
It is a sulphate-free conditioner. It is enriched with acai oil and wheat protein. This hydrating conditioner deeply nourishes the hair and helps ...View full details
- Wet your hair thoroughly and apply the Keracare Recharge Shampoo on your scalp.
- Work the lather from the roots to the lengths of hair.
- Rinse well with cold water.
This shampoo is enriched with Acai Oil and Menthol that nourish the hair while providing a cooling sensation to the scalp. The result? Clean, soft and shiny hair!
Before and after using a hair wax, ensure that you don’t use hair care products that are riddled with sulphates and parabens as they can damage your hair strands in the long run.
Pro Tip: always wash the wax from your hair before sleeping. Team our hair wax product with other hair care products from the range to give your hair all-round nourishment.