How Often Do You Need To Shampoo Your Hair? Explained
How often should you shampoo hair? It is a common haircare dilemma that is yet a mystery to some. While some prefer regularly washing hair to remove dirt and grease, others stick to a frequency of washing hair every 2-3 days. It is important to understand that the shampoo frequency depends on the type of hair since every hair type comes with its own set of do’s and don'ts.
Godrej Professional haircare experts have drawn an easy guide on how often you need to shampoo your hair.
Shampoo Fix For Dry & Damaged Hair
Naturally straight hair is the easiest to manage, but it is still a hit and miss when shampooing it. It can also turn dry and damaged due to external stressors like pollution and heat styling tools. Therefore, opt for washing your hair every third or fourth day. You can try the Honey Moisture Duo, which contains a shampoo and hair mask to provide your tresses with all-round nourishment.
- Wet your scalp and hair. Take a pea-sized amount of the Honey Moisture Shampoo and massage your scalp, running your fingers through the lengths of hair.
- Rinse it with cold or room temperature water completely.
- Follow it up with a generous amount of the Honey Moisture Mask. Spread it across the lengths of hair while avoiding the scalp.
- Keep the mask on for 3-4 minutes and wash it off thoroughly.
This duo hydrates your locks from the roots to the length of the hair with every wash. It is made of jojoba oil, olive and wheat germ oil that hydrates hair, making it soft and naturally smooth.
Shampoo Regime For Curly Hair
Curls or extreme wavy hair can be in their glory one day, and look like a frizzled mess on another day. For such hair types, the natural oil production is lesser than other hair types which makes it prone to uncontrollable frizz. Moreover, with frequent washes, your curls can get dry and be susceptible to breakage. Therefore, it is advisable to wash curly hair once or twice a week.
Shampoo Routine For Normal To Dry Hair
If you have hair that is not too dry or greasy, your hair type is usually normal. However, it is prone to dryness depending upon the changing weather conditions, pollution, heat or sun exposure. Washing your hair with a hydrating shampoo at least twice or thrice a week will keep it in good health, without retaining any dirt or grease build-up. Use the Keratin Shampoo to make your hair strong, soft and shiny.
- Wet your strands thoroughly and apply the Keratin Shampoo.
- Distribute it evenly on the scalp and massage in gentle, circular motions.
- Work the lather through the strands of your hair and rinse well for best results.
This shampoo restores the hair’s natural keratin making it smooth and shiny. It creates a protective barrier around the hair strands to control frizz until the next wash.
Pro Tip: You can also use this shampoo on coloured hair!
Shampoo Ritual For Chemically Treated Hair
'Extra care' is the mantra here for chemically treated hair that has undergone straightening, coiling or perming. These treatments can strip the natural oils from hair making them susceptible to damage, dullness and breakage. Use the Keracare Repair Shampoo twice a week to revive and repair your locks.
How to use the shampoo?
- Apply a small amount of the Keracare Repair Shampoo on the scalp after thoroughly wetting your hair.
- Lather it at the roots while running your fingers through the strands of the hair.
- Rinse thoroughly with cold water.
Made especially for Indian hair types, the Keracare Repair Shampoo makes hair frizz-free with the goodness of grapeseed oil and wheat protein. They moisturise and strengthen hair to eliminate frizz and add shine to the locks. Its sulphate-free formulation is gentle on the scalp and hair promoting hair health with every wash.
Shampooing is merely just a routine. It keeps your hair healthy in the long run. Whenever your hair feels dry or dirty, take that as a cue to wash it with a Godrej Professional shampoo. Pick a few days in the week with less hustle and bustle to shampoo your hair with a product that is made for your hair type.