Follow This Holi Hair Care Routine For Healthy Hair
Indulging in colourful festivities like Holi or trying out new hair colours can be a fun and exciting way to express yourself. However, it's important to be mindful of how such activities can affect the health of your hair. After all the revelry, you might notice that your hair feels a little drier than before.
Colours in your hair can lead to damage since their chemical composition is not fit for your hair’s health. But fear not, with proper pre and post care and nourishment, you can restore your hair's natural shine and vitality. By taking the time to nourish your hair with deep conditioning treatments and gentle products, you can ensure that your locks remain healthy and vibrant, even after all the colourful fun. Our experts at Godrej Professional have just the right pre and post Holi hair care routine for you.
How to Protect Hair from Holi Colours
Pre Holi Hair Care Tips
Playing with coloured powders and liquids can be harmful as the chemicals in the colours can cause damage, dryness, and breakage in your hair. Here are some pre Holi hair care tips to follow to keep your hair healthy and beautiful. These few things can help keep your hair protected and maintained from colours damaging your Holi hair.
- Use a leave-in oil on your hair: Before playing Holi, apply a generous amount of leave -in oil to your washed hair. This will create a barrier between your hair and the colours, making it easier to wash out the colours later. We would recommend using the Keracare Macadamia Oil. This oil will help transform your hair into soft, smooth and shiny tresses. With just a few pumps of this product, bid goodbye to damaged Holi hair days.
- Tie your hair: Tie your hair up in a bun or a braid to prevent it from getting tangled or damaged during the festivities.
- Wear a hair cover: Cover your hair with a scarf, bandana or a hat to protect it from the harmful effects of the colours.
Post Holi Hair Care Tips
If you’re looking for hair care after holi, especially to tackle dryness, dullness and excessive damage, we recommend using a professional shampoo and hair mask enriched with Honey extracts, and an oil that seals the deal. Here are some post - Holi hair care tips to help you take care of your hair after playing with colours:
- Rinse your hair with cold water: After playing with colours, rinse your hair as soon as possible to remove the pigments. Cold water helps to remove the colour particles without stripping the natural oils from your hair. Make sure to use a mild shampoo to avoid further damage to your hair.
- Avoid heat styling: Avoid heat styling tools like blow dryers and straighteners immediately after playing Holi. This can further damage your hair.
- Hydrate with a shampoo
Not just any shampoo but your post Holi hair care routine should have hydrating ingredients to combat the dryness caused by the colours. Use the Probio Honey Moisture Shampoo at least thrice a week to cleanse your scalp and provide intense hydration to your strands.
- Wet your hair and apply the Probio Honey Moisture Shampoo evenly on your scalp.
- Lather it at the roots and then work it through the lengths of your hair.
- Rinse well.
Honey has amazing benefits for your scalp and hair which include being an effective cleanser since it is a host of antimicrobial properties. It is a natural emollient that helps make hair soft, bouncy and healthy and also reverses dullness by adding shine to your tresses. This product is also safe for usage on chemically-treated hair.
After washing your hair with a hydrating shampoo, the next step is to pamper it with a mask that seals the moisture in your locks for a longer period of time. We recommend opting for the Probio Honey Moisture Mask that is enriched with honey extracts and other essential oils.
How to use a hair mask?
- Apply a generous amount of the Honey Moisture Mask to clean and shampooed (damp) hair.
- Use your fingers to distribute and massage the mask on your scalp.
- Leave it on for three to five minutes and then rinse thoroughly.
While honey works to combat dryness and dullness, the essential oils work to improve the overall hair quality. This product is enriched with jojoba and olive oil that nourish hair, and wheatgerm oil that improves hair texture. Use it along with the Honey Moisture Shampoo for best results.
- Properly spray condition your hair
One of the best ways to protect your hair is by using a conditioner. Conditioning your hair after washing will help to restore its moisture balance and prevent dryness after playing Holi.The Godrej Professional Probio Honey Moisture Spray Conditioner is a leave-in conditioner that comes in a convenient spray bottle. It is formulated with honey and probiotics that help to nourish and moisturise dry, damaged, and frizzy hair. The honey in the conditioner helps to hydrate and soften the hair, while the probiotics work to restore the natural balance of the scalp and hair.
- Spray evenly across freshly washed damp hair and comb through.
- Use your fingers to work through your hair if needed. You can use it for everyday styling.
- Do not apply on the scalp.
The spray conditioner is designed to be lightweight and non-greasy formula, which makes it suitable for all hair types. It can be used on damp hair after washing or on dry hair to provide a quick boost of hydration and shine. The spray application makes it easy to apply and distribute evenly throughout the hair, without weighing it down or leaving any residue.
Holi, the festival of colours, is a fun and vibrant celebration that can be hard on your hair. In conclusion, our guide on how to protect hair from holi colours and the mentioned products will definitely help protect your hair during Holi and prevent any further damage caused by the colours, during and after Holi. Follow these simple steps for best results and enjoy beautiful, healthy Holi hair. So, no worry, only Holi! Have a safe and fun-filled Holi celebration!